Friday, December 9, 2011

Not everything is under your control.

So when we last spoke I was planning on attending my very first 6 AM class. This plan, unfortunately, was foiled by my daughter who would much rather me spend the wee hours of the morning snuggling and nursing her then stretching and strengthening my body, she wins, it will only be a matter of time before she no longer wants to nurse and I have to whine and cry to get a little attention from her, they grow up way too fast. I did, however, get to attend the 430 class later on on Wednesday and while mornings are my favorites, as long as I get to get in a class I'm not too picky about the time. It was extremely humid, about 70 % I think, and while the temp never got up above 96-97 the humidity can sometimes be more intense then the heat is, but I like to sweat, I don't like to be hot without sweating a lot, I feel like when I am sweating my body is getting rid of everything unhealthy and bad. Its a good feeling. When I left that class my fingers were prunes. Yes please, I'll take it.
This mornings class with Raquel I felt like I was really concentrating, I was really concentrating on concentrating and making sure I wasn't concentrating on what my dad was doing, I was really concentrating on doing all my postures correctly and I was really really concentrating on making sure I wasn't thinking about my mind, I was just doing what Raquel said. Allllllllll this concentrating lead to me not concentrating and falling out of most of the standing postures because I was spending so much time trying to concentrate, if you get my drift. I sometimes imagine my brain is silly putty and its just kind of hanging out in my skull when I am lying there, I wish it would be silly putty in the standing series so that I could 100% of the time let the instructors tell my body what to do. *sigh* I am going to try to go to the 430 class today, I love me a good double, and tonight, I will sleep like a Yogi :=)
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment